Tuesday 28 July 2015

My Araucana Chickens

My Araucana chickens don't actually live with me because my garden is very small and regularly visited by foxes.  Instead they live with my family on a farm up a hill near me. It's a lovely farm where they have a very large, secure barn, and lots of open space to roam around.

I've been visiting my chickens since they were eggs; I used to talk and sing to them before they hatched.  Originally I had eight eggs and five of them actually hatched.  If you look closely at the photo you can see my Araucana eggs; they are the pale blue ones.



 I held and fed my chicks regularly from birth, so they are very tame and know who I am.  

These photos are of me and Beaky-Lou, from when he was a tiny chick to fully grown:


I love my chickens so much.  I am so grateful to my family at the farm who made my dream come true by getting these chickens for me and giving them such a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment